Yoga is originated from ancient India and the name came from the Sanskrit word “yuj”. Yoga is an accumulation of physical, mental, ad spiritual practices or disciplines which unite individual’s consciousness or soul with the Universal consciousness or spirit. Yoga is not only about physical exercise but it also encompasses the complete essence of the way of life. As an eminent yoga guru Sri Ravi Shankar says, “Yoga is just exercise and asana. It is the emotional integration and spiritual elevation with a touch of mystic element, which gives you a glimpse of something beyond all imagination.” Nowadays, it has been a passion for everyone to stay healthy practicing yoga. Thus, many yoga schools have been flourished in almost every city. Yoga is more than 10,000 years old, as its earliest mention can be found in Rig Veda. Now let see types of yoga.
Types of yoga
Yoga varies in various ways. They are-
- Gyan yoga, also known as philosophy
- Bhakti yoga, a path of devotional bliss
- Karma yoga, or path of blissful action
- Astanga yoga, also known as Raja Yoga
- Classical yoga
- Hatha yoga- it focuses on physical and mental strength building exercises and postures.
Breathing, also known as Pranayama in yoga language & meditation (dhyaan) are prime pillars of yoga. Pranayama is the extension & control of one’s breadth. Following proper techniques help to provide more oxygen for blood and brain. Union of both pranyama & dhyaan will gift anyone with purification & self-discipline. All these above techniques are very much part of the yoga classes Mumbai and you can secure admission to them at the earliest.
Although the actual goal of practicing yoga is moksha (liberation), it has some principle meanings.
- A goal can be attained if practiced every day in disciplined manner.
- Body & mind can be easily controlled.
Let us now see some of its benefits.
Practicing yoga creates strength, awareness and harmony in one’s mind & body. It is extremely effective for various disorders. Some other benefits are discussed as follows-
- Increase flexibility– Through regular practice of yoga one can achieve flexible body as it directly works on joints.
- Boost immunity– Yoga helps to boost immunity by simply increasing overall health quality.
- Increased muscle strength– Flaccid, weak or sloth muscles get a toning due to practicing yoga. When practiced repeatedly sheds excess flab from the body.
- Weight reduction– It is found in studies that regular yoga practice is associated with mindful eating. Thus, food cravings can be curbed and weight can be reduced very easily.
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism– Gentle stretches in muscles and joints ensures a balanced metabolism. In result, a complete detoxification occurs.
- Improved athletic performance– Body becomes very much flexible which leads to great athletic performances.
- Improved respiration & energy– Respiratory system inhales good amount of oxygen through performing yoga. Thus, respiration improves which increases energy.
- Ease migraines– Those suffers from migraine can lower chance and painful effects of migraines if practice yoga.
- Better sleep– Practicing eight weeks of daily yoga can lead to a significant quality change in sleep for those having insomnia.
To sum it up, enrol for the yoga classes in Mumbai as the benefits of it are immense.