Hyperpigmentation is a condition where the skin starts becoming darker or patchy than the normal surrounding skin. It is caused by overproduction of cells called melanocytes. Hyperpigmentation and Melasma are two common concerns nowadays. Many people have created some myths about pigmentation which are totally untrue. Some of them are:-
- Scrubbing the skin repeatedly helps removing the dark spots – Not this case, even while washing the face or brushing teeth, people have this myth in their minds that rubbing the face wash/soap or brushing the teeth harshly will make the skin look good and teeth whiter.
Coming back to the topic, the fact is that irritating your skin will make discoloration worse, not better. Plus it opens pores and makes skin rough.
- You don’t need sunscreen on a cloudy day – Many people have this misconception in their mind that if it’s a cloudy day, then there is no need to apply sunscreen on the cloudy day. But according to a study, 80% of sunrays can pass through clouds and reach on the earth’s surface, which is why it is necessary to wear sunscreen on a cloudy day as well!
- Diet has nothing to do with acne – The reality or the fact is that sugary foods, dairy products and unhealthy fats can lead to acne problems. That’s why having a balanced diet in your platter is essential not only for your internal health but for a beautiful skin as well.
- Parlour facials make skin better – Women have this myth in their minds that the best thing for their skin is regular facials, which is totally wrong. According to the studies, these facials can lead to acne problems, totally opposite to what we generally think. Just because people feel relaxed after the facials, they consider it as a healthy activity for their skin. Various brands sell hyperpigmentation treatment cream in India for pigmentation free skin, which are not even pH balanced. Studies also show that the facial creams used at parlors make skin worse over time.
Defying the old methods, Melblok has evolved out as a revolutionary brand in the field of skin care. It’s the first brand that is completely dedicated towards complete skin care. It has launched an innovative hyperpigmentation treatment cream in India, which is doing wonders on each type of skin.
- Stress can’t cause dark circles – Stress is something which can affect your body both internally and externally. And also, the fact is that stress causes blood vessels to constrict and store blood under the eyes, which leads to dark circles.
- Laser therapies cannot lead to pigmentation – If anything was possible through laser therapies then life would have been much better. It is a myth that laser therapies cannot lead to pigmentation, because anything that harms the skin can lead to pigmentation. In fact, more than 50% of people who get lasers get pigmentation as a side effect.
These are some of the myths related to pigmentation, which we all should say goodbye now!