Any dental clinic in London that offers oral surgeries, clear braces London, full mouth implants, or any other dental services should be free of contagious bacteria and germs in order to ensure the health of all the workers and patients. It is no news that germs and bacteria can cause different types of illnesses and some of them are serious and life-threatening ones. Clinics that are only occasionally cleaned and disinfected are sure breeding ground of different types of germs and bacteria, making clinic staff members and even patients at risk of contracting various types of medical ailments. Hence, it is a must for clinic owners to make sure that their workplace is always cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized. By doing this, dental clinic staff and patients are not in risk of suffering from deadly diseases like viral ones.
There are many easy ways to ensure the cleanliness of London dental clinics and the safety of workers. Below are some of the steps that could help promote and establish a cleaner and healthier workplace.
- Understand the concept of “CDS” or cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing – Some people may think that these three are all the same but they’re really not. Cleaning removes from the surface germs, dirt, impurities. Cleaning is commonly done by using detergent or soap and water to physically remove germs from the surface or object. Cleaning, however, does not totally get rid of germs but reduces them. Disinfecting on the other hand, kills the germs on the surface or objects. In this process, disinfecting chemicals are used. Disinfecting does not necessarily clean the surface or objects but kill the germs in them. Lastly, sanitizing lowers the number of germs on surface and objects to a safe level.
- Do “CDS” to objects that are often touched – Objects that are often touched by staff members and patients are likely to become a breeding ground of germs and bacteria. In order to prevent spread of infection in the clinic, it is important to clean, disinfect, and sanitize these objects. Common clinic objects that are touched on a daily basis include door knob, computer keyboard, computer mouse, desks, file cabinets, among others.
- Schedule general cleaning and disinfecting – It is advisable to schedule a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of your clinic. By having a routine for cleaning and disinfecting, chances of widespread of germs, bacteria, and viruses are reduced. This activity is ideal during flu season or during a flu outbreak in the clinic. However, it would be better to do it as a preventive measure, not waiting for an outbreak to happen before doing anything about it.
- Use the appropriate products – Just like in any dental operation, appropriate instruments and products are required to make it successful. If patient needs clear braces London, particular instruments are used. This is the same with the “CDS” of any dental clinic. Cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing cannot be effective if you use the wrong tools and products. In order to maximize the efficiency of “CDS”, it is important to utilize the appropriate products. You would want to use standard-grade disinfection and sanitization products like disinfectant, bleach, soap, among others. These products will ensure that the germs and bacteria you are after are killed and sanitized.
- Remind your staff to mind cleanliness – Your clinic’s cleanliness and health depend on your employees. If your employees know how to maintain clinic cleanliness, there would be lesser chances for an outbreak of germs, bacteria, and viruses. It is advisable to conduct workplace health seminar or training to employees for them to know how address issues related to viral diseases. Simply put, education is a good preventive tool.
Following these steps could make your clinic cleaner and healthier, which would benefit all of your employees in the long run. The healthier your employees are is the better, because they will become more productive as they will not be prompted to use sick days.